From August 2019 through October 2019 with core campaign for 1 month (September), the Atlas Mountain Experiment, ATMEX, a MARSU project field campaign, will take place on the Atlas Mountain-Ifrane (Morocco). The goal of the campaign is to collect detailed atmospheric measurements that will be used to evaluate and characterize, for the first time in North Africa, the chemical air composition in this remote area and the contribution from the transported air masses from Sahara, Atlantic and Europe.
- Wahid Mellouki – ICARE-CNRS (Orléans), Coordinator.
- Hartmut Herrmann – TROPOS (Leipzig)
- Christian George – IRCELYON (Lyon)
- Stephan Borrmann – MPI (Mainz)
- Patrice Coddeville – IMT (Lille Douai)
- Jianmin Chen – Fudan University (Shanghai)
- Mimoun Harnafi and Rajaa Cherkaoui – Univ Mohamed V, Rabat
NB: Ongoing discussion with other potential participants from Europe and US.